excellence in teaching, research, and clinical care,
members of the Department of Pediatrics will serve
Atlantic Canada as innovators and collaborators in
comprehensive specialized interdisciplinary health
care for children and youth. To fulfill this mission,
the Department will encourage a spirit of inquiry
about what we know and do. We will...
- Provide exemplary and efficient secondary and tertiary care for children and monitor our effectiveness;
- Advocate for and provide leadership in disease and injury prevention;
- Providen leadership in medical education, especially related
to the health care of children, for medical students,
postgraduate trainees, peers, other physicians,
and allied health professionals;
- Encourage and conduct excellent clinical, basic science, and other research to benefit children, and communicate the results widely;
- Seek resources to provide high quality pediatric health care, research, and education;
- Encourage and maintain collaborative links for the betterment of child health.